onsdag, april 18, 2007

Don't know if I've posted this before, but it makes me smile. It's an extract from Charlaine Harris' upcoming book "All together dead"

"Pam had paused, her hand on the doorknob of Eric’s office. She considered my statement, her brows drawn together. “I am not remembering what a wedding shower is, though I’ve heard of it,” she said. She brightened. “They’ll get married in a bathroom? No, I’ve heard the term before, surely. A woman wrote to Abby that she hadn’t gotten a thank-you note for a large shower gift. They get . . . presents?”"

...

“Baby showers,” Pam repeated. She smiled in a chilly way. lt was enough to put frost on your pumpkin, seeing that upcurve of the lips. “I like the term,” she said. She knocked on Eric’s office door and then opened it. “Eric,” she said, “maybe someday one of the waitresses will get pregnant, and we can go to a baby shower!”

Inga kommentarer: